We Have Taken The Hard Work Out With 7 of the Best Facial Trimmer Reviews
All it takes for me to reach for my facial trimmer is a night in front of the television watching zombie movies with my girlfriends. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good scare. I even love a good storyline in a zombie movie with great make up and special effects.
I’m not saying I’m paranoid, but I have started this nasty habit of carrying a small cordless trimmer in my handbag so whenever a distressing “I think I feel one growing RIGHT HERE!” moment strikes, I can discreetly slip out of the room, find a bathroom with a mirror and zing away before anyone notices I’m gone. That is, unless it’s my turn to make the trip to the pizza shop to grab late night snacks. Either way, once I attack that silly little follicle with my trusty facial trimmer my life is once again great and I feel pretty once again. Even in the dark.
If you are like me and although you can normally take on the world, wrestle alligators and take dictation at 150 words-per-minute, that all disappears as I deflate like a week old birthday balloon when someone else notices one of those rogue hairs I missed when I was too busy making myself look pretty in other ways. That has got to be the worst thing to happen and when it does I just want to run away crying as if it was Grade Four all over again. Only without the facial trimmer, high heels and push up bra. Well, you get the picture.
My facial trimmer for women is like Batman’s super weapon. No, not Robin! If Robin was anything he represents the rogue hair. I’m talking about Batman’s utility belt. I bet Batgirl would have a facial trimmer in her utility belt. Oh, and I bet she’d use it to do much more than trim her eyebrows between chasing and fighting criminals.
If I don’t trim my toes it’s like I’m back in front of a zombie movie with my girlfriends and ready to burst into tears because “I HAVE HAIR ON MY NECK AND TOES!!!” Lucky for me I have more than one facial trimmer at my disposal and not a single disposable razor I’d want to use as a trimmer. What I could use is a utility belt. Oh, and some time with Batman to discuss the effect of global warming on a girl like me.
1). Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom
I’ll be the first to admit that this pretty face doesn’t just happen. It takes a lot of work including the occasional visit from the facial trimmer. The Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Facial Trimmer is the ultimate trimmer for women.
The dual-sided design allows for trimming and shaving with the same product and the trimming comb is built-in and has five different settings.
The Philips Norelco BG2040/34 provides 50-minutes of use after a one-hour charge and since it is water resistant, this facial trimmer can be used wet or dry.
Now here’s the most interesting thing about this trimming tool. Philips has been promoting it as being designed exclusively for men who want to shave or trim areas below their necks. Well, as it turns out, the Philips Norelco BG2040/34 has become a unisex trimmer with girls and women finding the five length setting and smooth gliding action of the dual-sided design to their liking as well for shaving or trimming any area below their necks.
I actually think the ‘BG’ in the model number stands for Boys and Girls and no one bothered to pass that memo on to the Philips marketing department.
Benefits of the Philips Norelco Bodygroom:
- With its nice combination of efficiency, accuracy and reliability, the Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom 7100 offers the gold standard for trimmers, averaging an impressive 4.2 out of 5 stars in terms of customer reviews (76% of reviews gave it at least 4 out of 5)
- Sharpest nanotech blades with an arced foil using Nano Technolgy for a close, touchable shave
- Adjustable 3-D pivoting head follows body contours for a precision shaving experience
- Love a powerful machine! 13,000 RPM motor provides a constant stream of power for a consistent shave
- Wet or dry shave use
- Pop-up trimmer to keep you looking your best
- Turbo cleaning mode accelerates shaver to 17,000 RPM to shake off residue that might stick to your blade
- 50 mins of cordless use
2). Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose, Ear & Facial Hair Trimmer Wet/Dry with Vortex Cleaning System
Whenever I hear the phrase ‘nose and ear trimmer’ I think of things that are not related to a facial trimmer. In fact, the last time I used a nose trimmer I sneezed for days, bled for a couple more and used words I didn’t know could ever leave my mouth. That pretty much changed when I saw the Panasonic ER-GN30-K.
Another plus to the Panasonic ER-GN30-K is that it can be used wet or dry and the trimming head is washable which makes for easy maintenance for lazy girls like me.
This facial trimmer is battery operated (one AA battery) and will run for 90-minutes with a fresh one. For the geeky girls you’ll be thrilled to know this trimmer features a dual-edge hypo-allergenic 60-degree blade.
What that means to me is I can get a close trim when I need it without doing some strange math to calculate the precise angle of contact and how that differs if I aim it at my crotch standing or sitting.
Benefits of the Panasonic Nose, Ear & Facial Hair Trimmer:
- Vortex Cleaning System
- Portable Wet or Dry facial hair trimmer
- Fast ands safe rotary cutting system
- Head is washable for easy maintenance and is fully immersible
- Ergonomic design makes it easy to hold and position
- Dual-Edge Hypo-Allergenic 60-Degree blade cuts cleanly without pulling
- 90-minute cordless operation
- Includes Cleaning Brush and protective cap
3). Panasonic ER430K Nose, Ear & Facial Hair Trimmer Wet/Dry with Vacuum Cleaning System
Again, I cringe slightly and often develop a nasty twitch when I hear the words ‘nose, ear and facial hair trimmer’ in a sentence. The Panasonic ER430K facial trimmer is one such trimmer that can cure anyone of that twitch.
I’d even like to say it’s because of the single double-A battery operation where you can get a whole 90-minutes of trimming time per battery. I’m even thinking I’d love to say it’s because of the dual-edge hypo-allergenic 60-degree blade but it’s not any of those reasons although all of these things add up to make the Panasonic ER430K a great trimmer.
What I am certain will cure anyone of the twitch that comes from hearing the phrase ‘nose, ear and facial hair trimmer’ is the fact that the design is ergonomic and allows for easy positioning and is easy to handle, grip and hold. Any time a facial trimmer is easy to hold, I’m more likely to try to get it close to my nose.
Benefits of the Panasonic ER430K Nose, Ear & Facial Hair Trimmer:
- Vacuum System whisks away messy untidy hair clippings
- Use the facial trimmer wet or dry
- Rotary blade system gets right in to cut those hairs without snipping you
- Head is washable for easy maintenance and is fully immersible, nice touch boys
- Ergonomic design makes it easy to hold and position for women and men
- Dual-Edge Hypo-Allergenic 60-Degree blade cuts cleanly without pulling, no tears…
- 90-minute cordless use time
- Includes travel pouch and protective cover
4). Professional Water Resistant Heavy Duty Steel Nose Trimmer with LED Light
When I see something that is backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, it gets my attention. The Professional Facial Trimmer is one such item. The pluses here are many as the Professional Facial Trimmer Model is water resistant which means it can be used wet or dry. I will use mine in the shower and then rinse it clean while I’m still showering. I did mention I’m lazy, right?
The body of this facial trimmer is not plastic. It’s not aluminum.
Speaking of stainless steel, the blades are made from it which translates to mean there’s going to be an incredible cut which will also be smooth. The stainless steel blade will also be durable which means it will last a long time. It’s actually because of the stainless steel blades that this facial trimmer has a lifetime replacement warranty.
Now it’s time for the fun part. Because this trimmer has such a macho look to it and is jam packed with so many impressive nuts and bolts, it’ll be the first thing your boyfriend will steal from your bathroom when you break up. To prevent this from happening, get him his own when you are still madly in love with each other and there’s no other way to get across to him that he needs to trim his nose hair. I know, some guys don’t catch the easy hints so the Professional trimmer may help sell that point for you. You’ll thank me later. That is, unless you break up and the trimmer goes missing.
Benefits of the Professional Heavy Duty Trimmer:
- 88% of customer reviews have been 4 stars and up with 1613 reviews being 5 stars. I knew I was onto a good thing here with this trimmer…
- Water resistant design lets you to use this trimmer in the shower and makes for an easy rinse off which I love.
- High quality steel in the trimmer body. No nasty plastic cheapness
- Bright LED light is a huge help when trying to find those tricky, hard to reach hairs.
- Stainless steel high quality blades for fast accurate hair removal
- Lifetime replacement warranty
5). Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper & Trimmer
If you’re a guy and you’re reading this, it’s time to search for the latest football scores or weather online and pretend you’ve never seen this facial trimmer review. The Panasonic ES246AC Facial Trimmer is called a bikini shaper and trimmer. I like to call it my portable hairdresser.
Depending on the style of bikini I choose to wear, I can shape and trim so there is no unsightly pubic hair. If I choose to wear a thong I can trim away all I want and the hypo-allergenic stainless steel blade cuts what I want clearly and smoothly. In fact, it does such a good job I rarely have to go over an area more than once.
The cool thing about this facial trimmer is that it operated on a pair of double-A batteries which will provide 45-minutes of trimming time. Please note: I use the Panasonic ES246AC to ‘trim’ my bikini area. If I wanted to give myself a clean shave I would probably opt for a hand razor and some shaving cream.
I prefer to stay trim as opposed to bald and this facial trimmer does exactly what I want, how I want it without much problem. I also keep spare batteries around just in case I’m off to the beach after a day out with the girls and need a quick trim before changing into my bikini. I should also point out that while this is an excellent facial trimmer, I have not used mine for that purpose deciding to keep this just for bikini shaping and trimming.
Benefits of the Panasonic Bikini Trimmer and Shaper:
- The position guide has 5 options, allowing for perfect shaping and grooming everytime with the awesome Angle Trimmer Head
- Hypo-Allergenic Stainless Steel blade cuts cleanly without pulling and making me cry
- Trims those unsightly whiskery stray hairs quickly and easily
- Operates on 2 “AA” battery (not included) for 45-minute grooming
- Includes Cleaning Brush
- 2 years parts and labor warranty
6). Panasonic ES2113PC Pivoting Facial Trimmer
One of the challenging things designers must face is coming up with unique and functional designs for their products. I would imagine that if a product is poorly designed it is tough to market and then it becomes hard to sell to the public. In the case of the Panasonic ES2113PC facial trimmer, design was probably the first thing they came up with.
The fellows in research and development must have read my mind when I first looked at this facial trimmer as I instantly thought “This would be perfect for trimming my eyebrows” and then I suddenly thought to myself, “there better be an eyebrow attachment or I’m going to start using my outside voice” and before I could think of anything to yell I noticed that two different comb attachments are included just for eyebrow trimming.
The Panasonic ES2113PC facial trimmer is battery operated (one triple-A battery) which means it’s easy to trim a stray hair on my neck or along my frown lines without making much of a fuss about it, unless I’m in my car and I decided to do some trimming at a red light that turned green when I was busy trimming ear hair. The bottom line here is this cute little facial trimmer should be required equipment in every purse and handbag in the country.
Benefits of the Panasonic Pivoting Facial Trimmer :
- The boys were on the ball with this one, clean and sleek design in pink which I can tuck into my purse… and whip out it out when needed…
- Smooth and accurate pinpointing of facial hair with this pivoting head to follow the contour of the skin for a close and comfortable trim
- Micro-fine blade trims away hair on the face and neck easily
- Two comb attachments to groom eyebrows to desired length evenly
- Battery operated with 1 “AAA” battery (battery not included
7). Wahl Professional 8685 Peanut Classic Clipper Facial Trimmer
Pop Quiz! What’s four-inches long and gets called a peanut? If you didn’t say the Wahl Professional Peanut Classic Clipper/Trimmer shame on you! This facial trimmer simply rocks.
Its handy little size, the aforementioned four-inches in length, makes it a great tool to stash just about anywhere for quick and easy clipping and trimming. In addition to just being four-inches long, the ‘Peanut’ weighs just four-ounces so in addition to not taking up much space, it won’t put you over your weight limit if you manage to get it into your airline luggage.
The ‘Peanut’ has been very popular with professional hairdressers and stylists who have substituted their standard clippers for the much smaller and lighter Wahl Professional 8685. The reason for this is that it is really much more than just a facial trimmer.
The ‘Peanut’ does an excellent job of clipping and trimming just about anything. Need a quick haircut? Grab the peanut. Need a fast beard trim? Grab the peanut. Need to remove some unsightly facial hair? Use the peanut. As you may have guessed, the peanut is also used by men, but I like to think of it as a facial trimmer designed just for women.
If the man in your life keeps borrowing yours, just call it a peanut and maybe he’ll give it back to avoid some sort of blow to his manly ego. With this in mind, I have not been able to find anything in the operating instruction manual that says the both of you can’t share it either.
Benefits of the Wahl Peanut Clipper:
- 89% of customer reviews were 4 stars and over with 826 being 5 star reviews on Amazon
- Love it, a miniature size to slip in my purse at only 4 inches long
- Weighs only 4 tiny ounces
- 4 cutting guides depending on how and where you want to trim girls…a little landscaping anyone…(1/8 inch – 1/2 inch)
- Includes red blade guard, oil, cleaning brush and operating instructions
Read our in-depth reviews of the best electric razors for women, which is the best electric razor to suit your personal needs?